APPLICATION FOR A TEMPORARY LIMITED LIQUOR LICENCE
A liquor licence is required whenever liquor is supplied either directly or as part of an inclusive charge. One-off or short term functions or events may be
licensed under a temporary limited licence, providing they are not classified as a "major event".
A major event licence is required for an event that is likely to attract more than 5000 patrons and/or
have a significant impact taking into account certain criteria. Information about a major event licence
and the application form are available at www.vcglr.vic.gov.au. Applications for a major event
licence cannot be lodged online.
Types of application that can be lodged on-line:
You can use this on-line application form to apply for a temporary limited licence for the following types of events:
- private functions held indoors such as a wedding, trivia night, 21st birthday, ball or presentation night;
- sales promotions of limited duration, eg. gift hampers, mail order, internet sales, wine drives;
- indoor theatre productions of limited duration;
- point of sale at a sporting club"s game day (you must provide a full description of the location of the point of sale);
- extension of trading hours at a licensed premises if the event is held indoors and is not related to a major event in the area.
An application for temporary limited licence should be lodged at least 8 weeks before the event commences.
Please refer to the liquor licence fee fact sheet for the current application fee.
Note: The Commission may request an applicant to provide further information. If required to do so you will be notified in writing.
* indicates it is a required field